Help me find Juice. NJ/NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregkeller

Reaction score
Does anyone out there know of a orchard that offers fresh juice in the NY/NJ area that makes a good hard cider? I'd love to be able to bring a carboy or two and have them fill it up for me instead of buying gallons jugs if possible.

I would call some of the local orchards, sometimes they will do it for you when they do a pressing.

It’s a bit far away but brecknock orchard in Pa will do it, I used to get 30 gallons at a time from them.

You may want to check this farm out -

http://www.melickstownfarm.com/home

I was out that way last week and visited three different farms, all selling Melicks Cider. I picked up 4 gallons but had never heard of these guys. They also brew their own hard cider so I'm hoping for good results with the cider I got. Cold pasteurized, no additives.

I'm a complete newb, just starting out. I had the same question for the guy at the brew shop and he couldn't offer any info on orchards. Curious to see how you make out. I'll be looking for another round of cider at the end of this month!

Back