Help me come up with a brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJBanks

Reaction score
I am looking for help in building an all grain recipe with the hops I have on hand. Have only done kits so far and need some help building a recipe. I know there is a lot of great deal of knowledge on here so fire away. Thanks!

Hops on hand:
Galaxy - 4 oz
Cluster - 1 oz
Sorachi Ace - 1 oz
Simcoe - 2 oz
Citra - 1 oz
Amarillo - 2 oz
Apollo - 2 oz
Nelson Sauvin - 5 oz
Cascade - 2 oz

You didn't say what grain you have. I like to keep things simple, with just 1 or 2 specialty grains at most and one or two hops. Here's a simple APA using your Nelson Sauvin.

5 gallon batch
OG 1.050
FG 1.010
ABV 5.4%
IBU 50
SRM 7
Yeast Fermantis US-05

9 lbs pale 2-row
1 lb Crystal 40L
1/2 lb Carapils

1/2 oz Nelson Sauvin @ 60 min
1 oz Nelson Sauvin @ 15 min
1 oz Nelson Sauvin @ 5 min
1 oz Nelson Sauvin dry hop

I've made something similar and liked it a lot. You can adjust the hop amounts to suit your own taste.

Sorry, no grains on hand. I will buy those. Just wanted to use these that I got from a friend before he moved.

Assuming you brew extract, how about this American IPA (5 gallon batch):

9 lbs Extra-light or Light LME
.5 lbs Crystal 40 (steep)

60 min: 2 oz Simcoe
Steep/whirlpool 30 min: 3 oz Galaxy
Dry hop: 1 oz Galaxy, 2 oz Amarillo

Ferment with something clean like US-05 or WLP090.

Assuming you brew extract, how about this American IPA (5 gallon batch):

9 lbs Extra-light or Light LME
.5 lbs Crystal 40 (steep)

60 min: 2 oz Simcoe
Steep/whirlpool 30 min: 3 oz Galaxy
Dry hop: 1 oz Galaxy, 2 oz Amarillo

Ferment with something clean like US-05 or WLP090.

Not extract, all grain. Thanks anyway

What kind of beer do you want to brew? I can think of 5 different styles off the top of my head with the Hops you have. Even not knowing the Alpha and being unfamiliar with a couple.

My "Signature" brew uses an ounce of Sorachi Ace.

What kind of beer do you want to brew? I can think of 5 different styles off the top of my head with the Hops you have. Even not knowing the Alpha and being unfamiliar with a couple.

My "Signature" brew uses an ounce of Sorachi Ace.

Nothing in mind about what type I want to brew. Just looking for something that interests me. I used an ounce of Sorachi Ace with an ounce of Citra to make a wheat beer that I mixed with lemonade to make a shandy this summer. It was a huge hit and had to make another the day after a barbecue.

Latest posts

Back