Hello

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uziyahu

Reaction score
Hi. I'm from Chicago, IL and I just recently started home brewing over Christmas. It's been a great time, but a challenge trying to figure out how to brew in a small apartment. Thanks to everyone who's helped me with information about brewing on this site.

I brew beer from extract. I'd eventually like to get to the point where I can brew all-grain, but living in a small Chicago apartment doesn't allow for extra equipment. I prefer to make hoppy beers, but have been enjoying exploring other beer options by brewing many different styles.

I deal with my lack of space for bottles and equipment by BIABing 2.5-2.75 gallon batches. No extra equipment but a big pot and I can brew every 2 weeks or so without a ridiculous amount of bottles piling up.

I've thought about BIABing myself, but haven't picked up a bag yet. And I'm still working on controlling fermentation and getting a good product that way before I start introducing the complexities of mashing.

Nice, not many people like the beers I like due to me having problems with my nose and I need drink or food to be very strong or I won't really taste it lol.
Well good luck brewing, eventually I wouldn't mind going to all grain myself but I'll wait many years first lol

Latest posts

Back