Hello, So will be brewing in MN again!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exarkun151

Reaction score
Hello All,

I started brewing extract about 2 years ago, and during my first year brewed about 10 batches of beer. I inherited some equipment from my brother in law. That same year my wife bought me a kegging set up, so I have never had to bottle. Also, during those 2 years, I have been deployed for 1 of them in Basra, Iraq and am now returning home. The reason why I mention this is, that during this deployment, I obviously have longed to brew and taste beer. Also, during this time, I read several books on brewing, looked at numerous websites, into recipes, methods, ect. So it is with great pleasure as I return home, my wife has allowed the purchase of an all grains set up, using 10 gallon Rubbermaid coolers, similar to what some websites sell.

So with this, I look forward to learning from forum, and look forward to creating great home brew that my friends and family can enjoy. :mug:

Awesome!

First thanks for your service!

Second, good luck with your all grains. What part of Minnesota are you from? I'm in Fargo, we are practically neighbors!

Oh, and, what are you doing to brew first? So many decisions!

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome and thanks for your service!
I imagine your first beer back will be one of the best tasting brews you have ever had!

Welcome to HBT! You'll find this site to be extremely helpful with your conversion to all-grain. I'm a brewing in the uptown area.

Awesome!

First thanks for your service!

Second, good luck with your all grains. What part of Minnesota are you from? I'm in Fargo, we are practically neighbors!

Oh, and, what are you doing to brew first? So many decisions!

Welcome to the forums!

Figuring this out, been out of the loop with traveling back. Live in Cottage Grove... I think my first All Grain will be a simple pale ale, followed by a Nut Brown as it is still cold.

Jewilla, went to college in Winona. Worked at Warehouse for a year and a half while attending WSU. Sometimes I miss Winona.

Back