Hello, my name is Rob -- and I'm a Homebrewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIF

Reaction score
Hi Gang,

Been silently stalking this board for years, leeching info and finally decided to chime in.

Just popped a porter into the primary as I noticed the style conspicuously absent this winter... probably due to all the boozy and bitey insane IPAs out there. Anyhow, porters and olds are probably my favorite styles.

Looking forward to gaining more wisdom and maybe chiming in here and there.

BEER IS FOOD

BEER IS FOOD

I'm actually a believer in this. It has calories, it has vitamins. How is beer no longer a staple in everyday diets? Like sugar, or sugar substitutes, it has become "unhealthy". Meh, which is good for you and which isn't? I say fermented natural sugars are good for you!

All hail to beer! :mug:

BobbiLynn said:
I'm actually a believer in this. It has calories, it has vitamins. How is beer no longer a staple in everyday diets? Like sugar, or sugar substitutes, it has become "unhealthy". Meh, which is good for you and which isn't? I say fermented natural sugars are good for you!

All hail to beer! :mug:

I guess now days there isn't as much of a need. But back in the day beer was a way to "store" the cereal grain crop that wouldn't make it long before rotting. The Germans call it "liquid bread" as I was reminded over and over again when I was there. The vitamin-OH might be empty calories but the protein, vitamins, and minerals make beer nutritious (and delicious) in my opinion.

Welcome!

All I heard was "blah blah blah". I don't care if its good for me, or if it's "necessary, I just love it!

I just live by this "it's not alcoholism, it's a hobby!"

Back