Hello from Western NY!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasseriver

Reaction score
Hey everyone -- just thought I'd join in and say hello after being treated so well by members once I posted my first thread.

I live in Rochester, NY -- lived in New York City for a few years to go through culinary school and work, and really got into beer beyond just digging craft brews.

I moved back here in late 2007, and ended up working for a restaurant that specializes in having a very large beer selection. Met some homebrewers that way, and ended up doing a lot of reading and research before taking the plunge myself.

Happy to have found the boards. :)

Welcome.

I went to Alfred University in Alfred which is about 1.5 hours from you. I grew up about an hour outside of NYC, funny how thats all reversed from yourself.

Ever been to Beers of the World?? The greatest place on earth.

CONSTANTLY going to Beers of the World. They've gotten a lot better in the time I was living in NYC and then came home -- some fantastic brews there. There's a couple of new homebrew shops open in the area now, though I haven't taken the time to properly check them out yet.

Back