Hello from West Virginia!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razorguy

Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Justin, I'm 26 and I'm from Huntington, WV. If anyone else lives in WV then you know if you want good beer you have to brew it yourself :p

I started off late last summer with a 1 gallon starter kit from Northern Brewer and did an IPA first that was fantastic and then I had a couple other kits that I made mistakes on and didn't turn out too well.

Not one to be discouraged, I was at a homebrew shop in Lexington, KY around the holidays and thanks to go a gift card from my future sister in law, I purchased a "premium" Brewers Best 5 gallon kit with glass carboy and the works. I first brewed a red amber ale from MoreBeer that ended up slightly under carbonated but thanks to advice on here I was able to get it to where it needed to be. I just brewed my second 5 gallon batch last night, the Brewers Best Summer Ale, and I'm hoping to have it conditioned in time for the fourth of July, fingers crossed.

I'm still new to everything that is homebrew and hope to use everyone's knowledge on this forum to further my skills to where I can start coming up with my own recipes. I'm getting married next September and have an ultimate goal of doing a "his and hers" type of deal with two different types of brews for everyone to enjoy so hopefully I can accomplish that.

See you around the forum.

You came to the right place! We have everything to make to drink,BBQ/smoking,cheese & sausage making,etc. One stop shopping! :mug:

Welcome from a fellow Mountaineer!

Name's Rick, and I'm up in Wetzel Co. Feel free to fire away with the questions and if you find yourself in the northern part of the state, stop by for a beer or six. :-D

Back