Hello from Vancouver, BC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RD400F

Reaction score
Hello there. Awesome site, and you guys are a huge wealth of info.:mug:

I've been enjoying the various Trappist and Belgian ales for a year and a bit now after a Google search of fate labeled "Good German beer". I found a daunting amount of info and pages but eventually discovered Trappistes Rochefort; I was intrigued and had to try it. Found a bottle after a day of phone calls and running around and was blown away by the flavours and quality. I read the monastery's web pages and saw the whole brewing process and again I was intrigued that the simple list of ingredients could make something so complex, so I had to try my hand at brewing.

I started making a Tripel about a month ago, that's in secondary for clearing and will be bottled this week. I found a Chimay clone here I wanted to try and I pitched Rochefort yeast instead to see what would happen with the flavours and aromas. That beer is still in primary but the sample was quite similar to Rochefort's 6!

One thing is for sure, making beer is a great departure from motorcycle restoration...

Back