Hello from St. Charles IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Illinois guy here, way south tho, down in the armpit... Errr.. Decatur.

Had to say "Welcome" tho to someone he has enough class and taste to use the Killer Rabbit as their AV. :rockin:

Ize

Welcome!:mug:
I assume you know about the Hombrew Shop in St. Charles. Wish I had a place like that near me.:)

Joe Dragon said:
Yes, I spend a lot of time (and cashola) at the Home Brew Shop. Ed finally knows me by name- maybe not a good thing.

Thank you all for the welcome.

I read that entire Snizzle thread a while ago- LOL as the kids say.

Tinley Park- I can’t help thinking of that old Steve Dahl song about Wally Philips every time I hear Tinley Park. (Sorry non-Illinois guys- it’s a local thing).

To you Ize I would have to say “IT”. “It” takes a home brewer to recognize the killer rabbit. Nee.

East Peoria- thank you. Why do you guys produce so many good basketball players? The NBA is sprinkled with ‘em.

Hi FermentEd. Welcome to the sprawl that is the Chicago suburbs. Odd thing is I own a little shop in Warrenville and if I were 20 feet tall I could see the Brewer’s Coup/Two Brothers Brewery. They are a bit more interested in brewing (rightly so) than selling to brewers. The Home Brew Shop is strictly brewing and wine making.

Two Brothers’ is moving by the way- A block North and West from the current location.

How is that shop in St. Charles? From work, the Coop is just easier for me, but from home it doesn't matter.

Great, now I'm going to have "Oh Wally" stuck in my head all day - lol

:cool: Cool another local guy! Pretty soon we'll surpass the Texans, Virginians and Carolinians and take over the world!:ban:

Joe Dragon said:
Yes, I spend a lot of time (and cashola) at the Home Brew Shop. Ed finally knows me by name- maybe not a good thing. ....

I've heard a lot of good things about that shop, but I've never been.

Joe Dragon said:
Tinley Park- I can’t help thinking of that old Steve Dahl song ....
Me, too. Even though the downtown area is pretty nice these days, I still think of that song when I'm there! My girlfriend lives in Oak Forest and one of our favorite Italian restaurants is in Tinley. No, Cheese, it's not the Olive Garden.

Joe Dragon said:
Two Brothers’ is moving by the way- A block North and West from the current location.

I had not heard about this. Is it a bigger place? I used to live in Warrenville and I'm trying to place where they would be. Nearer the EJ&E tracks, I take it.

Good, that means they are doing well and need to expand. Their current brewery is small. I was there for an AG seminar a couple years ago and you could easily toss a football from end to end!

I had their Cane and Ebel last night while watching the NCAA basketball games and, man, do I like the stuff. I had it next to a Hop Rod Rye and I think I like the Two Brothers a little bit better!

Yeah, that was Chef Paul's and, man, is that place dangerous for a beer lover! :D We're having another get together at Snakebone's this Sunday - a group brew. FermentEd, rdwj and I will be there. I think flippindiscs is coming, too. PM Snakebone or me if you're interested.

Just an FYI about Two Brothers. Last time I was in there - well, two times ago actually, I asked them if they would fill corny kegs. They said they'd do it, but you have to leave your keg there and they'll fill it when they're packaging.

It's not cheap - about $70 for a corny from what I remember. I was a little disappointed that they won't be doing another batch of Hop Juice for quite a while.

Joe Dragon said:
So you Google “Snakebone’s” and find out it’s a home brewer’s house (Wow, what a set-up he has). Thank you for the invite- that’s extremely nice of you. I’ll be brewing an Austin Home Brew Belgian Tripel on Sunday so I’ll be drunk at home. Maybe next time.:mug:

I think we're doing 3 different brews and tasting the Silky Brown that Rhoobarb made while showing us the AG ropes. I think there is a 777, a Rye and a Pub ale on the schedule.

We should eventually do a tasting for all of Sunday's labors.

I need to get a new avatar soon too. I was going to use a Copperhed pic, but that ship has sailed. My series of animals drinking is depleted as well - perhaps I should carry on the Python theme

rdwj said:
I need to get a new avatar soon too. I was going to use a Copperhed pic, but that ship has sailed. My series of animals drinking is depleted as well - perhaps I should carry on the Python theme

Do It! Mine was actually my very first AV here. I'm kind of in Anniversary mode I guess. A year flies when you're drunk... I mean having fun. :drunk:

Ize

Ize said:
Do It! Mine was actually my very first AV here. I'm kind of in Anniversary mode I guess. A year flies when you're drunk... I mean having fun. :drunk:

Ize

Ok, Ministry of Silly Walks it is

Rhoobarb said:
Yeah, that was Chef Paul's and, man, is that place dangerous for a beer lover! :D We're having another get together at Snakebone's this Sunday - a group brew. FermentEd, rdwj and I will be there. I think flippindiscs is coming, too. PM Snakebone or me if you're interested.

Yup I'll be there! It should be a good time! I'm brewing tomorrow as well. What a weekend of brewin.. I'll be bringing a few ales to taste. A Belgian Abby, Belgian Strong, a Rye IPA, and maybe a few others I got hangin around. Haven't decided on exactly what I am going to brew yet. Doing a bourbon oak aged scotch ale on Saturday so it will be hard to top that for Sunday.

mmmm... beer...

Welcome Joe. Looks like we're going to have 4 batches going Sunday, I hope the neighbors don't call the Fire Dept. Too bad you can't make it, should be fun.

Schedule up another one soon, I definitely want in on the next one. I want in on THIS one, just have some SWMBO obligations to attend to.

flippindiscs said:
Yup I'll be there! It should be a good time! I'm brewing tomorrow as well. What a weekend of brewin.. I'll be bringing a few ales to taste. A Belgian Abby, Belgian Strong, a Rye IPA, and maybe a few others I got hangin around. Haven't decided on exactly what I am going to brew yet. Doing a bourbon oak aged scotch ale on Saturday so it will be hard to top that for Sunday.

mmmm... beer...
Holy crap, that sounds good!

Yeah, I'm bringing the Brown Ale, some Yellow Rose IPA and I might have to pick up more Cane and Ebel. Tonight Kelly & I will be in the city to see her son's band play at The Note in Bucktown and to see my sister who is in town. After that, it'll be beer at Jak's Tap! Yum!

Back