Hello from Southern California

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undyingpirate

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Sean and I'm a very new beer brewer in Orange County, CA. I just bottled my first batch two days ago, actually. I am a culinary student, an avid gardener and a very avid bread baker. I also love to hunt and fish, for food, not necessarily for trophies. I have always been interested in getting as close to the food you eat as possible. I really love beer, but the idea of making it myself had never come to my mind until my parents bought me the "Mr. Beer" kit. Like many of the stories I read in the Mr. Beer sticky thread, my results were less than satisfactory, however it did plant that seed in my brain that brewing beer yourself is indeed possible. I went to my lhbs, Addison Homebrew Provisions in Fullerton, and met the owner Eric who was very helpful with giving me a recipe and ingredients on a very low budget. Well, today I was looking at my freshly bottled beer and could not help but open up one of my bottles and have a try. I know you have to give your beer time, but like most new brewers I have heard of, patience is pretty uncommon. Although my beer is still "green" and not fully carbonated, it tastes amazing. It is really going to be tough for me to let the rest sit for a week or two before I drink it. I could not be more satisfied with the results from my first brew, and look forward to many more batches. Sorry, I know this was supposed to be a quick introduction and not a novel so I'll finish by saying, "Cheers, Prost, Kampai, and Salud!"
-SEAN

Back