Hello from oregon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman2197

Reaction score
This is my first post, but have been reading the forums for few months now. Have been brewing for a 6 months now, 1 mead, 3 extract, 1 partial mash, and did my first all grain yesterday. I think it turned out good, my OG was perfect according to brewers friend recipe calculator. It was a honey wheat that I modified.

4.5 lb red wheat
4 lb 2 row
.5 lb honey malt
.5 lb L10 munich
1 lb flaked wheat
.5 honey
1 oz hallertau 60 min
.25 cascade 5 min

safale 05 on its 3rd recycle w/ starter

I used a single infusion w/ fly sparge, chose not to do the protien rest. 70 min at 154 then sparged to 7.25 gallons (preboil) over 80 min. 60 min boil after hot break
Got a 1.057 as my OG.

The only thing I didn't do was the ph test on my water, used bottled spring water, I did one extract with filtered tap water and the spring water batches were better.

It is fermenting like crazy right now , guess I'll see how I did in about 3-4 weeks.
I'm open to any suggestions or Idea's

This is a great site for info, thank you all.

I wouldn't change anything. I'd say you're well on your way. The red wheat, is that a malt? I know I've read about it in terms of flour but usually you see malt or white wheat.

According to my Lhbs it is a malt, its the only wheat they carry and have never had a complaint about it. I wondered my self when i got it because of the protein rest needed with some wheats.

Iceman, what a great first post! Welcome to HBT, in my biased opinion the best homebrew site around. Looking forward to your future posts sharing the homebrew obsession. :mug:

Latest posts

Back