Hello from Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirrer

Reaction score
Hi all, been surfing a while - actually most questions that I google come back to this forum, so I figured it was a logical step to join. Just started brewing last year in November, did 6 batches with extract/specialty grains before building my mash lauter tun. Since then, have done 2 all-grain recipes, and have loved it. Most recipes I've done so far come from Adventures in Homebrewing, mostly because I can drive to the store and it's like Disneyland.

Currently I've got a Widak Saison fermenting (1 week in secondary), a Maerzen/Oktoberfest fermenting (1 week in primary, first lager!), and a Bell's Hopslam Clone bottle-conditioning (2 weeks). I also washed/harvested my first yeast off the saison, so I'm curious to see how well that will go - will definitely use a starter for the next saison, and all 4 pint jars have some white yeast settled on the bottom, but in various amounts and I'm not sure if it's enough. Time will tell.

Finally, I was able to convince my SO that my birthday gift will be me building a kegerator. After that, I hope I'll be good for a while and will just be able to brew. We all know that's not true though...

Anyway, that's all about me so far. Maybe a bit too long for a 'welcome' thread. Gonna go have a beer now! :mug:

Cheers! With all that variety cooking up you must have some handle on fermentation temp control, so good times. Hope to hear of your results from the AG setup.

:)

Back