Hello from Kansas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokenjoke

Reaction score
I'm brand new to this forum. I tasted a good home brew for the first time about a month ago. I always thought it was impossible to make a good home brew. I'm ready to make it a hobby but I want to do it right. I hope to be steered in the right direction here. Anybody within a 200 mile radius from Kansas have the necessary equipment for sale?

I don't have any equipment for sale BUT Midwest Supplies has been tossing around a groupon for like $50 that has an equipment kit, ingredient kit, and a gift certificate towards your next ingredient kit. I'm sure if you search on the forums long enough you'll find where someone has reposted it. It's the best deal to get started with IMO.

Good luck!

There are a couple home brew shops in the KC, Kansas area (I visit the one in Olathe). You can go there and pick out exactly what you want.

This Saturday is nation home brew day. The KC club will be brewing out at the other brew store starting at 10:00 AM. Come on by, and meet a bunch of fellow brewers: http://www.bacchus-barleycorn.com/

Thanks for the great information. I will check out the brew shops you mentioned. Unforunately this Saturday is scheduled for me. I would love to meet some experienced brewers and gather some knowledge. Everytime I start a new hobby or project and try to learn on my own the mistakes usually cost me big time. Please keep me posted of any other gatherings in the future. Thanks again.
Larry

smokenjoke said:
Thanks for the great information. I will check out the brew shops you mentioned. Unforunately this Saturday is scheduled for me. I would love to meet some experienced brewers and gather some knowledge. Everytime I start a new hobby or project and try to learn on my own the mistakes usually cost me big time. Please keep me posted of any other gatherings in the future. Thanks again.
Larry

Welcome to the brewing community! Man, your welcome and I hope your brewing comes out good! Stupid!

Welcome to the brewing community! Man, your welcome and I hope your brewing comes out good! Stupid!

Does the last word in your post have a different meaning like many other words now-a-days or are you calling me names because of my lack of knowledge?

theschick said:
There are a couple home brew shops in the KC, Kansas area (I visit the one in Olathe). You can go there and pick out exactly what you want.

Yeah if you're in the kc area I highly recommend Homebrew Pro Shoppe in Olathe. I went there a couple weeks ago to buy my setup and the owner, Charlie, talked to me for about 45 minutes helping me pick out what I needed and giving me tips and advice. Outstanding customer service and pretty decent prices. Good luck on your first brew! My first is still in the secondary.

Thanks to all you for the great direction in getting me started. One thing I've learned by visiting a brew shop is there are at least 2 different ways to brew, reciepes in a can and all grain. I understand one is easier than the other but there are trade-offs. As a newbie, should I go with the canned brewing or invest in all grain brewing equipment? I was told you can tweek reciepies that way. Is it worth the effort?

Thanks

Welcome I am sure if the scope of your search is 200 miles - you will find all that you need...............you might consider having it shipped unless you drive a Volt.

Ain't that the truth! :mad:
I've got a line on a used mash ton and an uncut beer keg to possibly make into a brew pot. There is a lot of stuff needed to go all-grain as you already know and that is my intention eventually. In the mean time as I'm gathering all the equipment I ordered a Coopers Starter Kit and will use the canned stuff and see how that turns out.
Again, thanks for your help.

Latest posts

Back