Hello from Green Country

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TaylorInOK

Reaction score
Hey all. Names Taylor. I'm a 34 y/o living in Oklahoma, (Central US) in the Tulsa area.

Brand new brewer here. My Wife thought i didnt have enough beer in my life so she gave me a Mr. Beer kit for Christmas. I've always loved beer, but i've never thought much about making it. So after that first all-extract recipe i was hooked and looking for ways to gain more control over the recipes.

I've already made my first partial mash using a modified newcastle clone recipe i found that BierMuncher (Shoutout! Thx!) posted. That was so much fun it just drove me deeper into it.

So now i'm reading and watching as much as i can.

Cheers!
Taylor

Welcome to the board fellow Okie. :mug: I'm sure you already know, but just in case you don't, you have a LHBS just down the road. High Gravity on Memorial, good folks and good prices. Again, welcome to the board.

Hey JD! Thank you. Yep i've visited High Gravity several times and am turning into a proud patron. I've also been checking into FOAM and may join once i get a brew or two more under my belt.

Nice to meet you!

HG has become my goto online store, the prices are good and I can get my order in 1 day. :ban: You've found what I consider to be the best place on the web for just about anything you can think of when it comes to homebrew and equipment. The people here on HBT are some very crafty people and very very knowledgeable about anything to do with brewing. I'm on here at least an hour a night. LOL Too much information and not enough time to read it all. :D

Yeah this forum is definitely a gem! I'm still trying to wrap my head around alot of the processes, equipment and the general science behind brewing and this is a great place for it.

Are you active in the Tulsa area brewing club FOAM? There's not that much info out there about it and i'm kind of leary about just blindly showing up at a meeting... though that may be what i end up doing.

Back