Hello from Colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemErik

Reaction score
Been reading here for a few months and using recipe ideas as I've starting brewing, finally decided to join in.

I've brewed 3 complete batches so far, with a 4th ready for bottles this weekend. First was an all-grain Dry Irish Stout which came out on the strong end of the style since I underestimated my efficiency, but it was still really good. Then I did an extract Irish Red so I could reuse some of my yeast cake and save time. Third batch I got brave enough to make my own recipe for a Rye Dark Mild, despite the first one I tried after 16 days in the bottle being disappointing after getting a little longer in the bottles it's my favorite homebrew so far - maybe my favorite session beer regardless of how it's made. I'll be bottling my second attempt at a DIS this weekend taking into account the efficiencies I've been getting on other batches, actually came in slightly low on OG. Planning on a Double Chocolate Stout next, I'll be grabbing ingredients this weekend and likely brew Sunday or Monday.

Now that I'm here, thanks to all those posting for the help you didn't know you were giving me!

Since you are in Castle Rock you should look up the Rock Hoppers home brew club. We meet the second Thursday of every month. You'll learn a lot at the meetings and get to sample other home brews.

I'd like to show up. Only problem is that's the same time I meet a running group - One of the few thing I enjoy more than a good beer. I might show up some time, but it's not an easy decision for me.

Latest posts

Back