Hello from California

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoughandReadyRanch

Reaction score
I have been reading this site for about a year dreaming of brewing beer. I finally just pulled the trigger and bought a carboy (much to the wife's dismay), and away we went. Brewed my first batch about two weeks ago (Dunkelweizen extract kit). I just bottled and moved to a modified Porter with Tahitian vanilla and I figured it's time to become a member of this group since I am not stopping at the porter and the kegging system is in the mail. I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Cheers,

Dan

Dan
Welcome to the forums. My brewing buddy just moved to Sonora about a year ago. He is the mill maintenance manager over at Chinese Camp. I also spent a summer over there rebuilding the Standard mill for SPI. Man do you live in Gods country or what!
Anyway welcome :mug:

Cheers
Jay

Dan
Welcome to the forums. My brewing buddy just moved to Sonora about a year ago. He is the mill maintenance manager over at Chinese Camp. I also spent a summer over there rebuilding the Standard mill for SPI. Man do you live in Gods country or what!
Anyway welcome :mug:

Cheers
Jay

I love the place. Life is good and the pace is right for my family and me. I am sort of in a weird situation as I am a student at UC Davis during the week finishing up my undergrad and I come home on the weekends. I can't wait for this school thing to be over so I can just be home and enjoy the turkeys and the deer.

Try to find out what kind of beer your wife likes and make that every other batch! ;-)

She likes a local brewery up in Arnold that sells an apricot Hefe but it doesn't taste like pyramid or widmers so I am not quite sure how to replicate it. Also I have read to avoid fruit beers during the first several batches so I am a bit chicken to give it a go if the wife is the only one drinking it. Also, she is pregnant so the drinking isn't really a factor but since I am hearing it as I brew, I figure I need to put something in the keg or bottle for when she is done in 3 months.

RoughandReadyRanch said:
Go figure right. guess you didn't post that. Atascadero is Ukiah. Love Ukiah though. nice little place. Getting bigger every time I go out that way though. I miss the gas station/bait store/deli/quickstop/hunting supply/gun store! That place was a trip.

Diamond Jim's! It burned a couple years ago, they relocated and rebuilt. Only now it's just a quickie mart/deli/liquor/fishing/gun store.

Back