Hello from BC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DroolingNeoBrewery

Reaction score
Hello small batch brewer from Kamloops, BC.

I started to make my own root beer and ginger beer years ago. I always wanted to brew my own beer but was intimidated by having to deal with huge propane fired boiling kettles and 5 - 6 gallons of wort/beer at once. Then I saw a 3 gallon sized fermenter and realized I could do smaller batches. I can do full boils on my stove top with my 20 qt pot.

My wife bought me a Mr. Beer Kit and several cans of malt extract for xmas (I don't use the booster/enhancer sugar, all malt). I've added a 3 gallon carboy, a small bottling bucket, siphon/racking cane, a 20 qt pot, and a few cases of bottles.

I use Beer Smith to do my recipes and track progress. I only have one more extract brew planned before moving to partial mashes. My first beer was an English Honey Brown Ale, and it tastes great. I am looking forward to trying my Special Bitter in a week and a half when its done conditioning.

If you still brew, I am a new homebrewer in Kamloops. 15 gal so far, working on another 10G recipe right now!

Welcome from across the mountains! Just joined this forum last week and I am hooked. Lots of good info here. BTW, I have been doing 5 gal beer brews in my kitchen no problem, not as daunting as you may think. Once you brew your own, it is hard to go back to store bought.

Edit, just saw you have been here for like 3 years....silly me!

Chris

I am a 3 gallon guy. For me it is easy and convenient, easy to scale, and though I am a pretty strong guy, I am old enough to know I am not always going to be. I just grab, and dump everything, and it is working great so far.

Back