Hello from a yorkshire las

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew chick

Reaction score
Hi All
Thought i'd introduce me self,name of claire and been brew'in for about 14 year's now,start'd off with beer & wine kits then moved into doing wine from scratch, fav was parsnip or ginger&banana(still got the recipe if you fancy it).
Then got fed up with waiting for it all to be ready(had 18,one gallon demi jhon's on the go at any one time at one stage or another)and then after its ready it's gone in a week(not all 18 gallon).
So drop't the wine and stuck with beer about 9 years ago,i still do the odd liqueur for christmas though.
I just started all grain mashing last year and wow wot a difference!!no comparison to kit brewing,i must be do'in it right cos mine taste's better than half the rubbish i can get in my local pub's,but maybe i'm a little bias.
Best wishe's to all
claire x

yeah that whole wait nine years for a red wine to mature makes me think twice about making wine...i do have a good yorkshire parkin recipe i make every winter though...:confused:

Isn't there a rule about pictures in various states of disrobement being required for all new people? El Pistolero made me send him at least 10 of me before I could get my account properly activated.

:eek:
Cheesefood said:
Isn't there a rule about pictures in various states of disrobement being required for all new people? El Pistolero made me send him at least 10 of me before I could get my account properly activated.

i thought i was the only one...:eek:

Cheesefood said:
El Pistolero made me send him at least 10 of me before I could get my account properly activated.
I heard you just kept sending them to him UNTIL your account got properly activated.....:D
Welcome onboard Brew Chick, Good to hear another UK voice on the Love Boat!

Welcome to the forums yorkshire lass, tho I have to say I'm not real fond of your pudding. ;)

And as for you velveeta...:mad:

Does anyone in the world, outside of England, brew parsnips?

The ginger/banana recipe might be interesting.

Thank's for the welcome lad's!appreciated.
Parsnip's are realy high in natural sugars(think sugar beat)so make's a realy!potent wine,only trouble is, the wine needs 12 months to mello once it's done.
cos this is my intro,hear's a bit more..
Dislike's .........IPA(too much of the old bitterness)
BUD (sorry guys but one bottle of that and iv'e got a stinking head ache within half an hour,not sure why though,its not the strength.)
Over carbonated lager eg fosters,4x ect
like's...........just about every thing else
pale ale
mild
bitter(fav ESB)
stout(sweet or dry)
porter
euro lager, mostly stela,1664,most pils type's
Sorry carn't seem to find that picture to put up, i'll keep looking eh?

Cheesefood said:

LOL...Now that's some funny s***. :)

Welcome! Nice to see another woman around here. That makes you, me, and just a few others who never seem to post.

dancingbarefoot said:
Welcome! Nice to see another woman around here. That makes you, me, and just a few others who never seem to post.
Well we carn't let em have it all there own way can we?brewin used to be woman's work many year's ago(unless you live in barnsley, as it still is).
It's like the BBQ thing,dont want to know wot a cooker is then get the BBQ out and you carn't get near it."any one for a Burnt burger":eek:

Brew chick said:
It's like the BBQ thing,dont want to know wot a cooker is then get the BBQ out and you carn't get near it."any one for a Burnt burger"
With all due respect...if it's burnt, it ain't BBQ. ;)

Brew chick said:
Well we carn't let em have it all there own way can we?brewin used to be woman's work many year's ago(unless you live in barnsley, as it still is).

Right! My great-grandma was the big brewer in the family. Wish I could've learned brewing from her.

Brew chick said:
It's like the BBQ thing,dont want to know wot a cooker is then get the BBQ out and you carn't get near it."any one for a Burnt burger":eek:

Isn't that the truth! Boys! :rolleyes:

Hi SWMBO
glad i'm not the only woman on this forum.
eh up D@VID
see i'm not the only one from yorkshire either.
Any one seen that new walace & gromit film?it's fab ,my house is just like them(not the mansion)2 up 2 down with a cool celler for the beer,not rabbits!

Back