Heaven....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bink00

Reaction score
So Im in Reston, VA for the week for work. Its been awesome so far. I have enjoyed several casks from Mad Fox Brewing and tonight I went to a Dogfish Head Alehouse which is good too. I plan every meal when I travel around brew pubs and brew. BUT!!, what really made this trip heaven was the liquor store I found tonight called Total Wine. In central KY we have nothing like it. It went something like this as I somehow walked down what seemed like sandy beaches or uhh aisles...Someone had to have carried me because I dont remember how I would have got past the first shelf! Sorry after coming back to the hotel with all of kinds of goodness that I have only read about here its not looking good. Yes its sacrilegious....

One night I dreamed of you riding with me as our GPS guided us to the next pub,
I could tell that You were with me by the footprints and bottlecaps in the sand.
As I gazed upon the breweries, I saw the brews I had consumed in my life,
It was then I realized that You remained there by my side with a cold one also in your hand.
When the clouds began to gather and the wort showers came falling down,
I looked to only find one set of footprints but still double the bottle caps on the ground.
I said, "BrewMaster, why did You leave me in the troubled times of life when I only knew of BMC?
I believed that You would always walk beside me day and night with breakfast stout and IPA." (Then I heard)
"My precious homebrewer, I'd never leave you.
I have carved your palate to mirror mine.
It's then I carried you in one arm with a sweet brew in the other,
When you see one set of footprints in the sand and all the bottle caps"
Dear BrewMaster, will You be with me as I sample styles through the years?
Will You be there when I drink BMC? Will You wipe away the tears?
As my eyes turn toward the sea of wort and the shores of dry hopped fermentors,
I'm still thinking of the single set of footprints and all of the bottlecaps in the sand. (I heard Him say)
I have carved your palate to mirror mine.
It's then I carried you in my arm with a brew in the other,
When you see one set of footprints and all the bottlecaps in the sand."
Will I hear the angels singing, as I hear the hops splashing in the boil.
Oh BrewMaster, I long to see You. Will You be sitting on the stool next me again?
My eyes turn toward the brewery, along the path of foreign grains,
Once more, I'm thinking of the set of footprints and bottlecaps in the sand. (BrewMaster said)
See your name carved on the Keg after drinking 120 pints at the local brewpub.
I'm here to carry you to your brew rig.
You will see one set of footprints in the sand and a whole lot of bottlecaps!!!!

Total Wine is an amazing store. I have found myself wandering around for an hour like a lost puppy dog in that place. If I bought everything I wanted, I would be VERY poor, VERY drunk, and VERY happy!

Back