Hearts Homebrew in Orlando?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Yeastwood

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone here tried Hearts Homebrew in Orlando? It looks like they are willing to sell incremental amounts of ingredients instead of whole pounds, and their prices are better than some of the online places. It would cost me considerable gas money to visit, but I would get what I want faster and at lower prices.

In case anyone else needs to know, I went to Hearts Homebrew.

They must have every brewing-related object in the universe in there. Inventory is stacked to the ceiling. Grain, buckets, all-in-ones, beer towers, you name it. They have wine and soda stuff, too.

They filled my order before I could get there to pick it up. Excellent communication, too. They answer emails fast.

Dave, the guy who was there today, said you can pretty much count on the website to tell you whether something is in stock. He said that if something is missing, they will call the customer.

Seems like a really excellent supply place to me.

There were other things I really liked about Hearts.

1. They will sell you incremental amounts of grain at the same base price as 10-pound lots, and their base prices are a lot lower than places where I have shopped in the past. I found one grain at $1.65, crushed, which was $3, whole, elsewhere.

2. They will bag things however you want, with labels, at no charge. If you want half a pound of Maris Otter in its own bag, no problem.

3. No crushing charge.

4. Their yeast prices are almost 40% lower than some online places.

5. You can buy hops in increments of 1/4 ounce.

On the down side, there is no free shipping for online customers, but if you're within driving distance, it doesn't matter. The shipping charges aren't bad, though. If I had had my order shipped, the cost would have been about the same as buying from a site with free shipping, and I would have had exactly what I wanted, packed the way I wanted.

I spent money on gas and tolls, but the grain, yeast, and hops saved me about the same amount. I bought grain for two 5-gallon batches of beer, and I saved around $22. I like not having to buy 10 pounds of grain when I only need 8.

Back