Heading to LA; good places to dine and drink.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GodsStepBrother

Reaction score
Well actually I will be staying in Downey California which I understand is a suburb of LA. My fiancé and I are going to hang out for a week with her sister and brother in Law. I already planned the trip to go to Stone. Yet there is nothing like local advice, any locals want to recommend some good dining options? Bars, etc… I really want to pick up some Pliny the Elder. I have brewed two clones that came out amazing but want to compare it to the real thing.

Have dinner at Walt's Warf in Seal Beach, then walk down the block to Beachwood for an awesome draft beer selection.

Long Beach has some good options as well, Rock Bottom, Belmont Brewing Co. and some just fun bars. The bars on Second St are the local college watering holes while Pine St and the Pike are more touristy and downtown older residents. You're a long way from Stone so you may want to plan on staying the night in the San Diego area or maybe stopping at a couple of other places on the way.

Thanks guys I'll be sure and check out rock bottome and belmont. As well as Walts Warf. I just checked them out on the internets.

Hey guys, so I just got back from LA. What a great time it was. There is so much to do in that city. Here is some beer I was able to bring back on the plane.
photo.jpg

Kudos to Hailey at Rockbottom for being one of the coolest pro brewers I have met in a while. We sat down and talked for a good hour or two she explained everything and even gave me samples of beers she is aging in oak barrels.:ban:

I was in different stores around LA but I will need to ask my brother In Law to find out exactly where these stores are located.

Back