• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Have a 20 lbs C02 tank I no longer need sold my tap kegerator due to down sizing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJOCONNELL

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the tank just need it out of my garage.

Paid $140 for it new asking $70.

Tank is steel.

Obviously due to it being C02 I can't ship the item so local pick up only. I live in San Leandro but work in San Bruno so I am Bay Area local.

Let me know if you have questions.

Last edited:
If I had more of a need I would be very much interested...I really just need a 5lb tank though; although, your pricing is quite tempting! You can't get a 5lb tank for that :*(

Might be interested. Where do you get it refilled? I mostly see 5s at brew shops.

Actually, I think you can ship it if it's empty, but since it's steel, it might be costly to ship it.

Might be interested. Where do you get it refilled? I mostly see 5s at brew shops.

Best places for 20# imo is airgas- they only have "beverage grade". They will swap it out. Here in norcal it is about $30 after taxes fees etc.
Any industrial gas place should swap it out for you.
I use the 5# for serving and the 20# is my workhorse- purge kegs, carbonate my conical, etc. So much cheaper by the 20# and less trips to the store.

*note- debates abound here re: grades of C02. I am NOT trying to open up that box!!

I get mine filled at AirGas or you can swap them out at a MoreBeer store just have to check if they have them in stock (they usually do).

I like the 20 (still have 2) to run the kegerator and then for carbing/pushing without having to move or touch the other 20 lbs C02. Selling this so I can get a nitro reg as I want to convert a tap down the line to nitro but not urgent on the to do list.

Back