Has anyone used KegConnection "BrewClean"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maierhof

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all - I was on the phone with KegConnection the other day and talking about line cleaners and they mentioned that they have made their "own" cleaner - they will not let me know exactly what is in it - huh? - whatever... but the back says it is charged with active o2 so I must imagine that it must contain OxyClean of some part. Apparently they say it will clean equipment too. I will use it and let you know...

Has anyone tried this stuff yet? Please let me know.

Take a look:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nl8c8sf3fryknh5/IMG_20150120_111252_112.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84b6yqwefnnepcr/IMG_20150120_111327_912.jpg?dl=0

StarSan is a sanitizer, not a cleaner.

I have used BrewClean. It works just like OxyClean. They sent me some free samples with an order, so I can't argue with the price. If they send you a freebie, go ahead and use it, it's decent stuff.

I've used it a lot. It's much more effective/caustic than oxyclean; I don't use gloves with oxyclean and quickly learned to use it with brewclean. I primarily use it as a line cleaner now. Good stuff from my perspective.

No foaming with it.

Excellent - thank you.

No foaming is a great thing.
Yes - they mentioned it is great for line cleaning when I talked with them.

I am now looking forward to trying this!

I've used it a lot. It's much more effective/caustic than oxyclean; I don't use gloves with oxyclean and quickly learned to use it with brewclean. I primarily use it as a line cleaner now. Good stuff from my perspective.

No foaming with it.

I'm trying to finish up a keezer build now as a first time kegger...

I also got a free sample of brew clean when ordering kegging supplies. How do you use it for line cleaning? Put it in an empty pressurized keg and pump it through your beer lines??

I'm trying to finish up a keezer build now as a first time kegger...

I also got a free sample of brew clean when ordering kegging supplies. How do you use it for line cleaning? Put it in an empty pressurized keg and pump it through your beer lines??

Yes, or a modified garden sprayer (same effect as a keg).

Yes, or a modified garden sprayer (same effect as a keg).

Do you disconnect your lines from the shanks when when cleaning lines or run the cleaner through the faucets as well? I assume you flush the cleaner with warm water in the same fashion??

Sorry OP. Don't mean to take over your thread. Maybe I should start my own... ;)

not to worry - read the directions on the second pic I posted - they are right there...

I have a modified garden sprayer and I use it to clean my lines all intact.
So what I do is take the ball disconnect off the corny - attach it to my sprayer and put a bucket under the tap and then give the sprayer about 5-8 pumps and I am off. What I intend to do here is pump it just a few times - push the new product into the lines and then let it sit for about an hour. They say to take the tap off - but I don't think I need to do that as I am fastidious on sani anyways. The tap also helps control spills - so I will push the liquid into the line - close the tap and let it sit - then finish the cleaner sprayer run and then switch to my new filtered water sprayer and run the line with that and I am done.

not to worry - read the directions on the second pic I posted - they are right there...

Oh yeah... It's right! :smack:

So what I do is take the ball disconnect off the corny - attach it to my sprayer and put a bucket under the tap and then give the sprayer about 5-8 pumps and I am off. What I intend to do here is pump it just a few times - push the new product into the lines and then let it sit for about an hour. They say to take the tap off - but I don't think I need to do that as I am fastidious on sani anyways. The tap also helps control spills - so I will push the liquid into the line - close the tap and let it sit - then finish the cleaner sprayer run and then switch to my new filtered water sprayer and run the line with that and I am done.

Looks like I have a couple of garden sprayers in my near future...

Thanks OP and others!! :mug:

Do you disconnect your lines from the shanks when when cleaning lines or run the cleaner through the faucets as well? I assume you flush the cleaner with warm water in the same fashion??

Sorry OP. Don't mean to take over your thread. Maybe I should start my own... ;)

I disconnect the keg and pump up through the lines. I only take apart and clean my faucets about once a year.

Here's the link of what I did. LINK!!!

Yep. This too^^^^

Yeaup - Geniz is one of the ones who started that idea, among others I think. So I owe him a big thank you! Then I took the idea and went a little farther by hollowing out the cap to place a 1/2" copper tube inside (tough to bend ss) with a tight oring inside it to ensure a good flow - man this things works like a charm... take a look:

IMG_20141227_221456_387.jpg

Latest posts

Back