has anyone seen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one else watching this? It's great and mind blowing. If you don't think so try taking a drink every time he gets something wrong :)

No one else watching this? It's great and mind blowing. If you don't think so try taking a drink every time he gets something wrong :)

Dang, I'm drunk just thinking about that. Oh, yes, all those things I was doing wrong.... Drink up, friends!

That's a pretty old episode and I'll be willing to bet he makes decent beer and got a lot of folks into homebrewing with that episode. People who like Good Eats already can really get into brewing pretty easily, I think.

I love Alton Brown (It helps that he rides a BMW motorcycle and once crashed his bike while filming a show...had a shoulder/clavicle injury but was a man about it...)

But DA-UMN, he gets real specific about stuff! El Hubbo and I joke all the time about "How would Alton Brown do it?" and the answer is "He'd do it right, but it would take 117 steps."

I haven't seen the homebrew show, but will make sure to hunt it down.

Well, he makes a good home brew for someone who knows nothing and wants to just do it once. If it gets a few more people into brewing I'll be happy.

Only time I got upset at the episode was when my sister insisted that she could brew a better beer than me because she watched this episode. What she didn't realize was the bad brews were from damaged equipment which I learned from reading 2 books. Once I got a new fermenting bucket I brewed a beer that knocked her socks off. She insisted that we had to use spring water and I told her she was wrong, and went on to prove her. Boom.

That's a pretty old episode and I'll be willing to bet he makes decent beer and got a lot of folks into homebrewing with that episode. People who like Good Eats already can really get into brewing pretty easily, I think.
Thats what did it for me..for that, thanks Mr.Brown(though my wife aint none too happy).

However, James Spencer from Basic brewing has pointed out a few mistakes in his podcast, during one of his earlier episodes. Never see Alton Brown, so I have no opinion about any of his shows.

He did make some mistakes in his descriptions of the process as I remember. Def entertaining. Noobs are so cute sometimes...
here's the episode for those needing a refresher;

Last edited by a moderator:
Back