Has anyone brewed with pineapple?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonnyp1980

Reaction score
Im going to brew an ipa and I've been eager to use pineapple. Question is if anyone has brewed with it and and the results people have had. I want a citrus pineapple flavor. It will be hop heavy but I want a pineapple kick. Any help would be appreciated.

I've had a Pineapple Wit from Kona brewery. It was absolutely delicious. It was not very hoppy though. I the trick would be to keep enough sweetness so you don't get to sour.

There's a really nice local IPA here in Toronto that uses pineapple juice, called spearhead. They use Northern Brewer and Cascade (although I swear they used to say Centennial).

Kinda related...

Just watch out with anything that has been dried. Some dried fruit has chemicals that preserve/add color. For example some dried apricots use sulfur to keep the orange color. When fermented = ruins beer.

-SB

I was thinking like 3 lbs of a fresh cut up pineapple either at last 15 min of boil.. or boiled then put to secondary. Or both.

There's a really nice local IPA here in Toronto that uses pineapple juice, called spearhead. They use Northern Brewer and Cascade (although I swear they used to say Centennial).

I enjoyed a pint of that a few months ago at BeerTown in Cambridge...was very pleased with the tasted and would definitely try it again.

Back