Has anyone automated a Brewer's Edge Mash and Boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bufford

Reaction score
Has anyone bypassed the original controller in favor of one of the raspberry pi automated solutions for example Craftbeerpi? Or any automated solution for that matter?

I was wondering the same thing. (not an owner, just researching) The replacement board can be found here Mash & Boil Replacement Board Set From the pics, I was thinking it might be possible to disassemble the unit, wire a microcontroller GPIO to the buttons directly, and automate pressing the buttons. Granted it would be open loop if you have no way to read the current status.

Replacing the mechanical relays with solidstate, a triac, and PID control would be big improvements and bring the Mash and Boil inline with Anvil Foundry setup. I'm specifically curious about a 240V conversion. Looking up the relays from the pics above would indicate they can handle up to 400 VAC, but no idea about the heating coils.

Back