Hard Seltzer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmd2k1

Reaction score
Not sure where to put this topic so dropping it here [emoji111]

Anyone attempted a hard seltzer yet? (...like White Claw...Truly etc)

Cheers [emoji41]

There's a lengthy thread about this ... I can't find it because it doesn't really have unique key words :(
Title said something about hard water.

I’ve tried it quite good. Make sure there is enough residual sweetness if u are fermenting naturally.

I don’t have the recipe on hand. I’m experimenting with another version that incorporates honey. But about 6-12 lb of cane sugar or corn sugar. I used both 6 and 12 of sugar. If using cane sugar u might want to boil to invert the sugars. 2 tsp Fermaid k. I used San Diego super yeast. S-04 also probably works if ure using less sugar than 12. I think the important part is having enough sugar left over.

Then add flavorings or fruits after primary. Might want to stabilizes or use hot water on fruits

Make sure to aerate as naturally this has no nutrients at all.

I also used a carbon filter to reduce tastes from yeast but I don’t think it’s necessary

Post #30 from the above link has a better recipe.

Last edited:
I put a 1.75 of flavored vodka and then cut it with water to get the avb % to what I want in a mini keg and then force carb it.

Back