Happy Pi Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boydster

Reaction score
Here's to a Happy Pi Day for everyone at HBT :mug:

pi-day-2.jpg

2011-03-14-pi-day-resized.jpg

This isn't nerdy enough. Someone needs to calculate the exact moment when Pi Day actually happens. Taking the number Pi, 3.412 and so on, and figure out the fraction of the day past 12:00 am on March 14th that the remainder of the decimal place takes place.

I can't remember pi, so I carry this circle in my pocket. Two measurements and and a division and voila, pi.

I might start selling circles for this exact purpose. Today would be my company's "black Friday". Maybe I'll combine my patented circle with a round tuit, then you'd make even more use of my gadget. I'm working on a contact at Home Shoppers Network. This thing could just explode.

I'm waiting for e day to become a thing.

2/7/18 @ 2:08:18

This should be a more celebrated event for homebrewers, since the tinseth formula relies on e!

This should be a more celebrated event for homebrewers, since the tinseth formula relies on e!

I was pretty stoked that my son was born on 11/23 just a few months ago, you know, Phi day! When he's 55, his b-day will fall on 11/23/58.

Let's just hope that day's popularity grows exponentially. Before long, everyone will be drinking on that day. :D

As for Pi day, think I'll have a nice slice of apple pie with my apfelwein.

stella-63-desert-cat-lg.jpg

re the first cartoon

My mom called me this morning, and tells me that it is pi day, and tomorrow is a family friend's birthday who really likes pie. Since it is pie day, she was thinking about getting him a pie and my parents and I could take it over to his house this evening, and celebrate his birthday a day early and celebrate pie day.

Me "Mom, its not that kind of pie, but for free pie yea I will be there."

Silence

Mom "What kind of pie is it?"

Me "The number Pi. you know ratio of circumference to diameter of a circle. March 14th -- 3.14"

Mom " You looked that up on the computer or your phone"

Me "No, I know what Pi is" 3.141592

Silence

Me "What time do you want to take the pie over?"

I like to celebrate tau day, but it hasn't caught on either. February and June could both really use another holiday, I think.

re the first cartoon

My mom called me this morning, and tells me that it is pi day, and tomorrow is a family friend's birthday who really likes pie. Since it is pie day, she was thinking about getting him a pie and my parents and I could take it over to his house this evening, and celebrate his birthday a day early and celebrate pie day.

Me "Mom, its not that kind of pie, but for free pie yea I will be there."

Silence

Mom "What kind of pie is it?"

Me "The number Pi. you know ratio of circumference to diameter of a circle. March 14th -- 3.14"

Mom " You looked that up on the computer or your phone"

Me "No, I know what Pi is" 3.141592

Silence

Me "What time do you want to take the pie over?"

You should have taken him a Raspberry Pi ;)

You really owe it to yourself to try, at the very least.

Back