Happy Canada Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bradsul

Flyfisherman/brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians! Hope you're all enjoying your day off!

I've just finished milling my grain for a new mild ale recipe, I've had 2 pints already and it's a beautiful (24C) sunny day here in Southern Ontario. It's also the last day of my four day long weekend and the nicest weather of the four.

Cheers! :mug:

Having a lazy Canada Day here. I have a batch of grain I was going to mash, but when I went to make my starter a few days ago I found that I was out of DME. I'll have to wait until I can get to the city again. So, lazy little Fingers today.

Happy Canada Day Canucks!

Having a lazy Canada Day here. I have a batch of grain I was going to mash, but when I went to make my starter a few days ago I found that I was out of DME. I'll have to wait until I can get to the city again. So, lazy little Fingers today.
Fingers -- do you have a Bodum/French press coffee maker? Use it to mash up some grains quick, then dilute with some water to make a quick starter. I just do the mash in my oven set to 150F and it is pretty easy.

Happy Canada Day Canucks!

Fingers -- do you have a Bodum/French press coffee maker? Use it to mash up some grains quick, then dilute with some water to make a quick starter. I just do the mash in my oven set to 150F and it is pretty easy.

Damn, that's a good idea! I would never have thought of that. Unfortunately it's too late for this weekend but it's something I'll keep in mind for the future. Thanks, Flyguy.

Happy Canada Day my fellow Canutians!

I just got back from the Canadian Embassy in downtown D.C. Free beer, free burgers and dogs, free poutine, free beer, and live music!

All in all a wonderful day! Thanks Canadian taxpayers! :p

Back