H-Balm Jumps Back In.... Cannonballlll!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H-Balm

Reaction score
So, I'm back!!!

I gave a stab at this hobby about 14 years ago, and am back.

I left because I was isolated, and working alone. This proved to be full of mistakes, misunderstandings, and limited success.

Today, I brewed up a Brewers Best English Bitter kit and a Grahams English Dry Cider Recipe.

It was a blast.

Thoughts...

-I see why the veterans build outdoor rigs... clean-up and water was... time consuming.

-The smells of the different stages are so wonderful, evren me, with my terrible nose.

-Beer during the process is so right..... yet, so.... distracting. I enjoyed some Victory Hop Devil Ale as I was working. MMMMMMM. It was hard to fight the urge to just go watch tv and enjoy the pint.

- The forum is great. I averted a stopper crisis with a quick use of the search function.

-Starsan is terrific. When I did this years ago,I was using something else... maybe even bleach & water (can't remember). Anyhow, this product is a Godsend.

-The addictive factor is unreal. I finished cleaning,and then started thinking... do I have enough time to whip up another batch?

-Thanks to all you members. Your posts have reinvigorated me and provided me a renewed excitement for the hobby!

Cheers!
:mug:

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to brewing! I'm about to make my 7th batch...an AG BIAB Belgian Golden Strong Ale.

Since the original post.....

I have a 3 section hop garden. Fuggle, cascade, nugget all planted 3 sprouted so far.

I have a cider 3 weeks in primary.

I have a British bitter about to move to a keg.

A keezer build in the process.

Not bad for 3 weeks work. :)

Welcome back. I'm a newbie myself and totally addicted. I have 7 batches on the go right now and as much as I want to go for more, I have to quit while I'm ahead i.e., before I go bankrupt!

Back