Gummy bears as an ingredient?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a sixer this weekend of Shortfuse brewing's Bear-ie White; an American wheat ale brewed with "120 lbs of Haribo gummy bears", and I kinda really liked it! My wife liked it too, so much so in fact that she broke from her normal Reinheitsgebot-esque views on brewing ingredients and encouraged me to try cloning it!

Without knowing their batch size I can't determine how many bears it takes to brew 6 gallons, but as their brewery and tap room are right down the street from me I might stop in for a pint and ask for some hints.

968112.jpg

why not - a local brewery here had an offering brewed with Skittles because an NFL player who used to play here but now plays in CA likes them

p.s. I sure hope those gummy bears aren't the sugar-free variety!

One of the guys in our club brews all the ridiculous beers with the weird ingredients. Cannabis-derived terpenes, squid ink, breakfast cereal, marshmallows from breakfast cereal, glitter, cotton candy, etc. I'll shoot him a message and ask him if he's done gummy bears.

I have a gummy brut IPA on tap right now. I added 20 gummie bears in the dryhop. My girlfriend bought a huge bag of some gourmet gummie bears and I kept on smelling them and thinking “man that would be great in a beer”. Totally worked and is super tasty.

I have a gummy brut IPA on tap right now. I added 20 gummie bears in the dryhop. My girlfriend bought a huge bag of some gourmet gummie bears and I kept on smelling them and thinking “man that would be great in a beer”. Totally worked and is super tasty.
Have you considered just making the gummy base, minus gelatin? That way you can pour in a liquid and impart more flavor/aroma.

Back