Grrr.... flat beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hehehehe no I didnt. Its not thoroughly flat... just nowhere close to where it should be.

Thats totally a mistake I would make though.

Think it would benefit from just more time in the fridge?

Actually the opposite. Stouts for me always take a little longer to bottle condition. But really, any beer has at least taken 3 weeks minimum. Time in the fridge won't help carbonation, but retard it. Take out of the fridge. Set someplace warm. Tomorrow, give a gentle swirl and let em sit for a couple more (I know its hard....) weeks.

my Horehound Strong took a very long time to carbonate. about once a week I'd swirl the bottles to suspend the yeast. worked great!

There's only one solution: okra! :rockin:

Seriously, I agree that some more time in a warmer environ is warranted. Keep out a couple to make some black & tans just to tide you over and let the others do their thing outside of the fridge.

good advice, thanks. I have another batch ready to bottle when I get home, so Ill drink the old batch at the same time as the new one.

I would expect Revvy to stop by here to take care of this...but just in case he doesn't:

3 weeks, minimum, at 70 degrees F

:mug:

JLem said:
I would expect Revvy to stop by here to take care of this...but just in case he doesn't:

3 weeks, minimum, at 70 degrees F

:mug:

What he said. All those posts about nonsense and you've yet to read the proper threads here. I think that's why I always read creamy's posts. They are more about life than brewing science. :mug: Revvy in 3.....2.......1........

Back