Growing mushrooms in my kitchen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniele96

Reaction score
I love eating mushrooms and every years I collect them in the forest. Every season in fact offers some type of wild mushrooms and I collect them while I am having a walk in the nature. Some years ago I started a production of some type of mushrooms in my home (pleurotus ostreatus, pleurotus eringii, pleurotus cornucopiae, agaricus bisporus, agaricus brunnescens and cyclocibe aegerita) using wheat straw, fresh mycelium and the waste that remains in the moka when I prepare coffee. This photo of last March is my agaricus bisporus "plantation".
20171212_212059.jpeg

Nice!
Have to get back into it, got a sack of pellets waiting for spores.

Nice!
Have to get back into it, got a sack of pellets waiting for spores.
I use this https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...ahUKEwiP1LC5_NbcAhUKGewKHdJNDvYQ2CkIPQ&adurl=

I put straw in a pot with boiling water for 30 minutes and then with waste of coffee powder from my moka until it is at 25ºC of temperature. Then I put the straw in a sack with mycelium and it is necessary 3 weeks to mycelium to infect the straw. Then you make some hole in the sack and spray it with water. In two weeks you will have your mushrooms. Every piece can produce maximum 9 kg. It is very difficult prepare mycelium on your own it is better to buy it.

Back