Growing hops for the first time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kobrew

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm growing hops for the first time this year and ran into an issue about a week ago. I'm growing Cascade, Centennial and Willamette Hops.

So the issue, I live in San Francisco, and sometimes we get unexpected guests over night(like most places), cats, raccoons, etc. So last week something came in and trampled over the centennial vine(only a couple inches tall at that point). I think it was a cat that was trying to drop a deuce. So when I found it in the morning it was covered in dirt and the leaves torn off(at this point there were only 2). I uncovered it and gave it a bit of water, it perked up and has been standing up since but it doesn't seem like it has grown at all since.

What should I do? Should I cut it? Is the growth just stunted?

Pre trample
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431561828.380916.jpg

Post trample
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1431561881.069483.jpg

Still looks like it's thriving. They're hearty little things. As long as your rhizomes aren't damaged, I think it will keep doing what it does.

Back