Group buy in Chicago #2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think by this weekend I should have the money from the 3 remaining participants and my paypal transfer should be complete. Maybe, just maybe, I can order on Monday with possible delivery towards the end of next week. It's possible that we could be doing grain pick ups next weekend? We'll see.

Just waiting on payment from one more person which should happen tomorrow. I might be able to order grain on monday or tuesday at the latest. You guys might have your grains by next weekend.

The final person just confirmed with me that he's stopping by to drop off his payment. Almost there!

OK. everyone is paid up. I will order on Monday and ask for Thursday delivery. I'm going to ask that once the grain is delivered that people pick up their grain as soon as they can. I have limited floor space and don't want this stuff laying around for too long. Thanks.

Is there a chance I could swing by Friday day sometime? I have a rather big brew day on saturday, and would love to have that big sack good to go. Thanks again for doing all this, mason.

munklunk said:
Is there a chance I could swing by Friday day sometime? I have a rather big brew day on saturday, and would love to have that big sack good to go. Thanks again for doing all this, mason.

I'm going to call then this afternoon and place the order. Once they confirm a delivery date we can start making arrangements for people to pick up their grain. I think zip friday is very possible.

Order has been placed. Grain should arrive on Thursday 8/11/2011. Email me with your requested pick up time starting on Friday 8/12/2011. I'll need time to process the split orders. Also, just like last time, I will require everyone to sign off on their pick ups. Start scheduling your brew days!

Order has been placed. Grain should arrive on Thursday 8/11/2011. Email me with your requested pick up time starting on Friday 8/12/2011. I'll need time to process the split orders. Also, just like last time, I will require everyone to sign off on their pick ups. Start scheduling your brew days!

Do you think you'd have the splits processed by Sat.? I could pick up on Saturday early to late afternoon; if that gives you enough time to process the splits, of course.

samie85 said:
Do you think you'd have the splits processed by Sat.? I could pick up on Saturday early to late afternoon; if that gives you enough time to process the splits, of course.

It should be enough time. Splitting up grain is easy. Splitting up rice hulls not so easy.

bmason,

It looks as if your shop is only about 5 minutes or so from where I work. I will be able to pick up the grain Friday either on my lunch break or sometime after 4:30 (perhaps a bit earlier if that makes any difference). Please let me know what time frame would be best for you. Thanks.

bmason - You going to be up in my hood this weekend or should I plan to swing down.

The Country Malt Group sent me an email confirming that the grain will be delivered tomorrow.

chiefkellen said:
That's great! I will be able to pick up the grain Friday either on my lunch break (flexible time) or sometime around 4:30 if that works for you.

What time is your lunch break?

Ok. The grain arrived. We can start pick ups tomorrow. Email me when you want to come in. I've already received a few responses. I'll reply when I get back in.

I have the malt analysis sheets but they're in hard copy form. Should anyone really needs any of them let me know and I can scan the sheet and email it to you. They said that within a couple of weeks they will all be online. You will be able to look up your lot number and view it, much like the price list. I have a couple of people stopping by this afternoon and I'm meeting another person tonight to exchange grain for hops. It seems like most people are coming tomorrow. Let's make tomorrow's pickup time between 10-2. If you need to pick up some other time please email your expected date and time so I know. Thanks.

I have the malt analysis sheets but they're in hard copy form. Should anyone really needs any of them let me know and I can scan the sheet and email it to you. They said that within a couple of weeks they will all be online. You will be able to look up your lot number and view it, much like the price list. I have a couple of people stopping by this afternoon and I'm meeting another person tonight to exchange grain for hops. It seems like most people are coming tomorrow. Let's make tomorrow's pickup time between 10-2. If you need to pick up some other time please email your expected date and time so I know. Thanks.

Sounds good to me! Thanks again bmason!

had another two people pick up today. That's three so far. Tomorrow is the main pick up day for many. Another person is coming on Sunday I think. Yet another emailed me earlier that he would be out of town this weekend. RC0032, are we still on for tonight?

For those stopping by this morning, I'm running a half hour late. I should be there at about 10:30 Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks, sorry I couldn't stay and chat long. Wife and 3 week old baby at home waiting for me.

I just received an email from someone wanting to get in this group buy; told him he was too late. As a reminder, if there's an interest for another immediate group buy let me know. I would be happy to manage it and use my shop as a delivery point. All I ask is that someone else handle the finances.

FYI, there's talk of doing a group buy at CHAOS brew club.
http://chaosbrewclub.ning.com/

Mods, if my link is a violation of forum rules please accept my apologies in advance. Thank you.

The last person picked up this morning. This second buy went relatively smooth except for one small hiccup. One of the participants received a bag of Bairds Pale Malt instead of Bairds Maris Otter. He graciously accepted it nonetheless. It took almost six weeks to the day from the initial post (7/04/11) to the final pick up today (8/14/11). I want to thank everyone for making this a smooth buy. Everyone paid promptly and picked up their grain promptly too. Good job, guys!

Are there enough people interested to start another buy? I would manage it and receive the grain at my place but I really don't want to handle the money portion since I wouldn't be purchasing grain for myself. Let me know if anyone who missed out on this latest buy would be interested in another one. Just throwing it out there.

I would certainly be in on the next buy for 2 sacks and maybe some hops if we do that. I found this thread after the order was placed so I *JUST* missed out. =(

Latest posts

Back