Greetings - New Brewer From Dayton, Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tupton

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Just a quick intro. After having the itch to get into home brewing for almost 2 yrs now, my girlfriend got me everything I need to hit the ground running for Christmas - propane burner, Bayou Classic 10 gal. boil kettle w/ thermometer & spigot, & the Brewer's Best starter kit (fermenter, bottling bucket etc.)

So far I've brewed a Brewers Best APA and Double IPA with my buddy, and the APA is ready for bottling this weekend.

Looking forward to learning much much more, moving into all grain and learning to develop my own recipes.

I love this site! Tons of info. It has helped me immensely already.

Cheers!
-Tim
Dayton,OH

Soon your wife will be kicking herself for contributing to your new obsession. I know mine did. Welcome :D

She makes wine, so she has a little different perspective than most wives/girlfriends I would imagine. Hopefully the obsession won't be a problem. The only conflicts I can foresee are space issues! Who gets to store what, where. :)

Welcome. Why is that when I lived in Dayton, I didn't know anyone who brewed, or anyone who ever even heard of anyone who brewed?! Brew days were so lonely, but I enjoyed my obsession. I brewed just about every Saturday and Sunday. Oh well....I live in Miami, FL now, and it seems to be even more rare.

Back