Greetings from the middle of Maine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bueschen

Reaction score
Not a new introduction but a change of venue.
After 6 years in Munich Germany SWMBO decreed we shall buy a farm in Monson, Maine!
Found a nice little spot where she will raise goats, pigs, chickens and sheep!
Plenty of room in the barn loft for me :D to build a proper home brewery (as long as I make some room for her creamery!) so will hopefully begin the build this summer.
I would love to hear from any other home brewers in the area!
Cheers,
Tim

Welcome from a couple hours South!

My stepfather grew up on a farm in Monson. He speaks of it fondly.

Thanks Mainer! It is quite nice (if not a bit remote) up here.
Looking forward to getting down to Portland soon as well!

Welcome bueschen! Monson is a great little town. Economically depressed, yes like most of Maine, but a real pretty area. And you've got the AT right in your backyard!

That's great Oginme! What kind of goats? SWMBO is struggling to find Golden Guernsey's.

Good luck trying to find Guernseys on the east coast. Most of the herds I know of (and I know a lot of goat herds) are west of the Mississippi. There are a very few around but very limited genetics.

We raise LaManchas (www.longvu.com), the ear-less wonders. If she needs any help finding breeders, feel free to let me know. I am familiar with many of the herds in Maine and through out New England.

My nickname actually comes from 'Old Goat in Maine'

A friend/neighbor of mine runs Springtide Farm in Bremen, Maine with her parents. Of course, those are fiber goats, not milking goats, so not totally applicable.

Nevertheless, it was the most on-topic story I had.

:eek:ff topic:
OK folks, is there some kind of weird HBT/mainiac/goat connection? I'm a mixed animal vet. in Hancock county and goats just happen to be my favorite animal to work on.
I agree with 'oginme', I've seen pictures of Golden guerneys, but I doubt I've seen one in person. Goats, at least in my area seem to be 1. Alpines,2. Nubians,3. Toggenbergs,4. Lamanchas, then a few meat goats like Boars, and of course the infamous pygmies owned by people that think it would be fun to get a cute little goat without knowing anything about them. Arrgh!
And now that I've brought it up, go ahead the rest of the forum and cut loose with the 'goatboy' jokes. We're Mainers, we can take it... :mug:

It is slightly weird! From our side we, love goat's cheese, homebrew and cool states so it all just naturally flowed together!

Congrats on your move, and good luck with the fahm ;) I visit Maine about once a year to see family by China lake. Beautiful country.

Latest posts

Back