Greetings from Hotlanta

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rejart

Reaction score
I decided I've been a lurker for too long so I thought I'd say hey.

I've got about 6 brews under my belt, but I still consider myself a noob. Still have plenty of questions that I run to the forums for answers to. My foray into brewing started when my college roommate bought me a Mr. Beer kit after a failed attempt at DIY winemaking (it was only a small explosion, I don't see what the big deal was). I got decent results from the kits, but recently upgraded to the more standard setup and I'm much happier with the results. The biggest enabler for me is the fact that I live about 5 minutes from Brewmaster's Warehouse so I can just order online and pick my stuff up when it's ready. I love the way you can make your own kits.

I'm now on my third "real" brew and loving it. The first 5 gallon batch turned out amazingly well (mostly thanks to all the info on this site) and the witbier I just bottled should be awesome based on the sample I tried.

Here's a pic of what I have going on right now:

swamp-cooler_w.jpg

I'm attempting to make a nutella flavored porter. We'll see how it goes, but it looks to be on track so far. That's a half batch btw. Just a test run to see how it works out. I learned the swamp cooler trick on here and it saved my butt because outside temps are in the 90's already.

This site is amazing and I'm always learning a new trick or two, so keep up the great work folks!

Cheers,
Rob

Latest posts

Back