Greetings from Connecticut

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJPala09

Reaction score
7 year home brewer . . . .

here to exchange info and pick up tips on building brewing systems - i.e. Brutus 10 type systems.

Here's to brewing great beers, and meeting people.

Cheers!

Welcome - I lived in trumbull for a few years, just moved back to MA a month ago.

I used to live in MA (born & bred) until we moved to CT 4 years ago.

New London here, building a brutus right now also.:mug::mug:
Ed

AWESOME! I'd love to see your pictures as you go.

Are you using the gas beam design, or plumbing pipe along the back of the frame?

Where did you get your "keggles" if that's what you have?

CJP

My first keggle was from sabco w/ false bottom, then I picked up a couple of kegs locally and converted them. Gas beam, and not really any picks. Hopefully my brother in law the plumber shows up today to run the gas line. I still have the control box and wiring to tackle. I will try to get some pics soon.
Ed

My first keggle was from sabco w/ false bottom, then I picked up a couple of kegs locally and converted them. Gas beam, and not really any picks. Hopefully my brother in law the plumber shows up today to run the gas line. I still have the control box and wiring to tackle. I will try to get some pics soon.
Ed

Did you build the entire frame with square stock, or did you build partially with angle stock?

I was think if I pass on the gas beam, and use square stock for all verticals, and heavier gauge angle stock on the horizontals, I could save enough cash on the frame to have someone cut and weld it up for me . . . as metal work is not my thing. I could probably handle the plumbing, and the electrics.

Where did you "find" the two additional keggles locally? :off:

Good luck with it! Looking forward to seeing what you've done.

CJP

Latest posts

Back