Greetings from Central Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PicoD42

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all! I've finally gotten into homebrewing after thinking about it for years. I haven't brewed a batch yet (will probably brew my first this weekend) but I have been reading as much as I can - especially here on the forums. There seems to be an almost unlimited supply of good info and helpful people here - should make things easy if I run into any problems!

Welcome to the forum! I'm new too, and so far I've made two brews. Neither one is bottled yet. The first is conditioning in secondary, the second is fermenting in primary.

Brewing is great fun. I can't wait to enjoy the finished results of my labor.

Start asking questions and jump right in. The Beginner's Forum is the best place to start. What sort of equipment do you have, and what kind of beers are you going to try first? For my first brew, I had to pick an ESB, since that is one of my favorite beers of all time. I know it's going to be great!

I bought the Two-Stage Brewing System from Homebrew Adventures, since it seemed to be one of the most inexpensive setups ($78.55) that had the features I was looking for, including a glass carboy and a large (7.8 gallon) plastic primary/bottling bucket. A large glass carboy for primary will probably be my first upgrade, but we'll see how my first batch goes this weekend.

My first batch will be an American Amber Ale extract brew - I wanted to keep it simple for the first batch so I can concentrate on the process. My next batch will probably be an Alaskan Amber clone - unfortunately Alaskan Brewing Co. products are not available in Ohio, so I'll just make my own.

Back