greeting from the zin capital of the world

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zheol

Reaction score
sup folks long time drinker now i want to make my own meads wines and beer but am having a ***** of a time selecting my frist equipment kit to many sites and options lmao any advice would be welcome been eyeballen midwest brews kits but shipping is stupid high

cheers hope to be a long time member and contribute as i gain exp in the art of brew

Welcome!

I can only give advice for brewing so I would say the first thing you want to do is get John Palmer's "How To Brew" excellent book. As far as equipment, try to find a Local Home Brew Store and their prices may compete with online shipping costs, you will be using these guys a lot if they are close by. I would recommend buying a very basic kit (plastic and glass are used according to preference they both work fine) and if it is not offered in the kit, get an autosiphon.

sup folks long time drinker now i want to make my own meads wines and beer but am having a ***** of a time selecting my frist equipment kit to many sites and options lmao any advice would be welcome been eyeballen midwest brews kits but shipping is stupid high

cheers hope to be a long time member and contribute as i gain exp in the art of brew

Welcome from the TRUE Zin capital of the world.. Healdsburg's Dry Creek Valley :ban:

"Let he who is without Zin, be the first to cast a stone.."

Checkout www.morebeer.com and check out their articles, they have a great one, simple and straight forward on meads. Also, you should get your stuff from there, its only a little over an hour from lodi on a good day. Its in concord. You could go by and get advice and all your equipment. I'm in Mendocino and its hard for me to get down to a shop so I get stuff online.

Welcome to HBT and to the hobby. I grew up in and around Lodi (LHS class of 87) and miss eating Zinfandels right off the vine :)

I'll second the suggestion of using MoreBeer. I'm not far from their riverside store and have found them to be a great source of both products and knowledge.

thanks for the replys folks that morebeer site seems decent i also found a brew shop in elk grove thats only like 30min away when i have the time i think ill check them out hopefully i can avoid concord lmao this site is great i think i already know what im doing for my frist brew its gonna be a mead still unsure if i wanna try a melomel frist or just stick with a classic plain ol mead with a staggered nutes orange and wildflower honey sound cool too so much to do any never enoght time lmao

cheers

I thought Lodi was the meth capital of the world. :D Welcome to the site. moorebeer has a great site. Shipping should be fast for you, I get my orders within a couple days.

Back