Greetin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widukind

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

I am here because I am new to brewing beverages. I would like to learn more, and this forum seems to be the place to be. So far, I have made mead, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. I don’t have any experience otherwise.

Yesterday, I started my first batch of ale. I started out very simple and based it on dark age/early medieval techniques. It will be like a small beer so I am not concerned about alcohol content being very noticeable. There is no yeast or hops, of course, and I only used malted barley, water, and honey. Things have gone well I think and I’ll try it in a couple of days, even without any special equipment.

Anyways, I would love to get some advice when I move forward with my next batch. I think I will be making simple brews for a while to get the hang out it.

I look forward to learning from you all, and to share my results as time goes by.

Widukind

Edit: It seems I misspelled my username and the thread title.

Thanks for the welcoming, guys.

I made non-alcoholic mead with the water and honey. Fresh apple juice was added to it. It’s not as tasty as real mead, but you might want to try it.

Back