Greek Beer Clone Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlfA01

...it ain't sold in heaven...
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I was curious to ask if anyone that has traveled abroad and tried Greek beer (either Alfa or Fix) has worked on any clone recipes. I live here and enjoy the beer thoroughly, but would love to see if I can make it at home as well.

They are both Lagers, as that seems to be a staple here.

Cheers,
Dan

I have tried both while I was on the Island of Rhodes. Not a huge fan of Lagers but Alfa was my favourite between the two.

Never tried to do a clone...Keep us posted on your progress.

I have tried both while I was on the Island of Rhodes. Not a huge fan of Lagers but Alfa was my favourite between the two.

Never tried to do a clone...Keep us posted on your progress.

Will do. Alfa is also my favorite among the lagers over here. I became frustrated with Amstel and Heineken duo, so I started trying some of the local brews and liked them much better.

There are some interested new Greek beers hitting the market as well. Volkan from Santorini Island is one of the new beers that can be picked up at the supermarket and liquor shops.

How did you like Rhodos? I haven't been yet, but its definitely on the list.

I have to make a trip first to Crete. I have to register the family and get new id cards at the Navy Base (Souda Bay).

Cheers,
Dan

Latest posts

Back