Got the Grapes -- I'm Making Chardonnay Wine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adiochiro3

Reaction score
A friend of mine owns a vineyard estate and gave me a crack at the leftovers after the mechanical pickers when through yesterday. :D SWMBO & I landed 150+ lbs. in about 2 hours time. It was a beautiful afternoon, and the grapes were right at peak.

20130914_160122.jpg

Even the dog got in on the act. Having the extra fermenting buckets was sure handy for working up and down the rows. Here's the take:

20130914_205654.jpg

The crush begins tomorrow during football.

Good find! And a nice friend to let you grab those. Dont forget the vineyard owner at bottling time!

I certainly won't! I've got an early gift of some chardonnay grape jelly as well. I had about a gallon more juice than I needed to ferment, so my dad and I cooked it up tonight. Tasty stuff!

20130917_212632.jpg

I knocked the natural bugs out with Campden tablets yesterday and let the must breathe through some cloth for 24 hours. A lot of sediment has already fallen out of suspension with some chilling temperatures; I will rack it off and pitch the yeast into the must tomorrow.

20130917_212825.jpg

Wow, you have some great friends!! how did you get the juice? stomp??? press???

Back