Got my water report!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLeuck64

Reaction score
I've been home brewing a few years now and have been very happy with the results of my home brews with just well water. Just like most hobbies though.... I have been wanting more lately :mug:

So here I go, reading books on water, Sticky's in the Brew Science forum, A spreadsheet on water ( ; etc...

Got my water report back from Ward Labs yesterday and I am thinking with a little tweaking that just about any style of beer is fair game now huh?!

pH 6.2
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) Est, ppm 29
Electrical Conductivity, mmho/cm 0.05
Cations / Anions, me/L 0.6 / 0.5

Sodium, Na = 3ppm
Potassium, K < 1ppm
Calcium, Ca = 3ppm
Magnesium, Mg = 3ppm
Total Hardness, CaCO3 = 20ppm
Nitrate, NO3-N = 0.2ppm (SAFE)
Sulfate, SO4-S < 1
Chloride, Cl = 2ppm
Carbonate, CO3 < 1.0ppm
Bicarbonate, HCO3 = 27ppm
Total Alkalinity, CaCO3 = 22ppm

"<" - Not Detected / Below Detection Limit

I'm about to send in for mine too, how long did it take you to get results after shipping out?

Spent a few hours today working on the Bru'n water spreadsheet while I watched this video

After plugging 3 recipes into the spreadsheet I am starting to understand how it works and also how to adjust my water to get to that target mash pH level!

It's fascinating how just a teaspoon of something can have such an effect on several gallons of water?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back