GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harlock: Space Pirate.

Seriously, it's worth a look.

Oh, I think I remember seeign this somewhere and then forgettign to check it out! I'm on it!

Also, Kid and I watched the first episode of Angie Tribeca Season 3 last night. not as rapids fire as the first season, but still funny.

Also found I need to catch up on Archer.

I just finished binging season 2 of The Last Kingdom.

This was of course, after re-binging season 1 so I could remember everything.

Downloaded the ScyFy version of Dune to watch with the kids. Also downloaded the book, because even the 3-part miniseries doesn't cover all of the stuff in the book.

Got through 2 chapters with my younger one always interrupting, trying to figure out which person was with what house and where there, and who's going to this planet, and...

I got a feeling she isn't going to be able to keep up if she is so confused about House Atriedes and House Harkonnen already!

For Dune fans, If you haven't seen Jodorowsky's Dune, it's an awesome look at one of the greatest movies never made.

+1

Also worth mentioning:

Jodorowsky's Dune
A documentary about his attempt to make an adaptation of the work. Similar in many ways to Lost in La Mancha.

also The Death of "Superman Lives"

THANK whatever deity/deities you hold dear Tim Burton never got a chance to make that movie.

he's great with original content (Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Mars Attacks!) but his adaptations or "reimaginings" are complete **** (Sleepy Hollow, Planet of the Apes, Alice in Wonderland), Superman Lives would have fallen in the latter category

For Dune fans, If you haven't seen Jodorowsky's Dune, it's an awesome look at one of the greatest movies never made.

+1

Also worth mentioning:

Jodorowsky's Dune
A documentary about his attempt to make an adaptation of the work. Similar in many ways to Lost in La Mancha.

Awesome! I want just commenting to my walking partner today that I was surprised nobody had made a version of it before 1983, considering how well received it was, and the rampant scifi fanbase back then. It would have been ambitious, for sure, at that time.

Oh, man, I just read about La Mancha, or The Man Who Killed Don Quixote. What an F'd up mess that was!

Filming restarted in March. This past march. Again.

We were going to go see Alien: Covenant, but time did not permit, so we decided to watch Prometheus instead, and kind of refresh our memories on what happened. (Because it was kind of confusing...)

While that was downloading I checked out Comic-Con HQ. I had recently gotten the login to work and I wanted to maybe watch something short in the meantime. They had Top Secret in there list, so I thought, "Hey, let's just watch a little bit of Top Secret!"

And.... That's impossible. The kids started getting into it, and before we knew it Nick had rescued the scientist, fell in love with her daughter, fought with the resistance, and sang and danced his way through the whole movie.

After that, the older daughter watched Prometheus with me, so we're prepared to go watch the new one when we can.

definitely one of my favorites

8f61debe0992badac22f5d75ea24f4abdd1bfc91125ecdc8971f7d150dc1cb01_1.gif

I watched it a while ago, but I thought ARQ was fantastic! It seems a bit low budget, but ride it out and you'll get hooked!

we just finished the first 3 episodes of the final season of Bloodline

slow burn for first 2 seasons are paying off BIG TIME

also: coming in July, a new series starring Jason Bateman & Laura Linney

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y7kHHxylps"]OZARK | Teaser [HD] | Netflix[/ame]

Ares

Seriously good near-future dystopian sci-fi. It's French with subs, but very easy to follow. I'd give it 5 stars if not for the goofy new thumb up/down system. If only Hollywood was this good!

Care to expand on this? I was going to try and watch it.

No fighting scenes, very slow narrative, no new information...it's about everything we already know about counterinsurgency. A couple chuckle worthy moments is about it. There's more I could say, but I don't want to spoil things.

I've been watching Breaking Bad, which I didn't before.
I've had a hard time finding good movies. They mostly seem to fall into 3 categories: Movies I have seen, Movies I don't wish to see, and Movies I've never heard of.
When we finish Breaking Bad, we can go on to Better Call Saul.

I watched Doctor Strange last night and really enjoyed it. I follow all the Marvel stuff and was surprised that I hadn't heard of this one. It was kind of strange seeing Sherlock in a different role though, even if it was nearly the same character.

I watched Doctor Strange last night and really enjoyed it. I follow all the Marvel stuff and was surprised that I hadn't heard of this one. It was kind of strange seeing Sherlock in a different role though, even if it was nearly the same character.

I enjoyed it also. But I thought it was weird to see Khan in a different role. . .🖖

Funny. I never put together that Khan=Sherlock. I spent the whole movie waiting for Spock to cut off someones skullcap though...

Just finished season 2 of A-Jin. If this is representative of what Japanese anime is like, I might have to look for more. The song they played while the credits rolled in Season 2 cracked me up every time!

Better Call Saul-the first few episodes of the first season were difficult to get through...but...it is all starting to come together. If you are/were a Breaking Bad fan, a lot of "A-ha" moments. Can't wait for season three!

Anyone here watched all of the Marco Polo series?

I downloaded it for an in-flight offline binge while crossing the pacific, but then recalled it having some pretty raunchy scenes.

Are said scenes merely occasional, or are they pretty consistently in most all episodes? Not sure I want to watch the latter with the risk of my kids looking over my shoulder.

Back