Good news/Bad News

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doornumber3

Reaction score
So I had some issues with a scottish ale and bottled it a few weeks ago knowing it could be bad, had one last night, no good -- really terrible flavor and then the beer was super flat......

On the good side, i bottled a citrus IPA that I made 4 weeks ago, and it was insanely good. I normally sample it before it goes to the bottle, but i confess i poured a full pint and enjoyed it...can't wait for 3 weeks!

On a side note, I want to try a pepper beer.....anyone have any luck with a specific recipe?

Look around the forums. There is one thread I saw about a current pepper beer being brewed. Also search for more,there are plenty on here.

there was an infection in the beer. Not sure where it happened but this beer had a few issues so i wasn't surprised to see the infection.

If it is indeed an infection (unlikely, but possible) - assuming you haven't dumped the batch, then you may want to store those infected bottles in a large tupperware bin, or at least bag them up in some contractors bags. Infected bottles will explode, potentially causing damage to you and others. Not to mention the messy cleanup.

Back