Good mild hops.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikEH86

Reaction score
I brewed my first all-grain beer a while ago. Messed up my calculations on the water that i needed. But in the end, it turned out great. I did have some pics but my google backup filled up (preventing me from receiving emails from here and thusly locking up my account) and I thought I was deleting pics off only my google drive ONLY I was wrong it was google and my phone. ( so mad!)

Anyways I was wondering if anyone knows of a good mild hope like saz. For me saz is cheap but the shipping is brutal. Was thinking about cascade. What kind of beer would you use cascade for?

I will be brewing a SMaSH beer again going to try and upscale to 5 gallons this time.

SMaSH with Cascade is begging to be an American Pale Ale.

It's not quite a SMaSH, but my next brew will be an APA with 2-row, a bit of Caramel 40L, and four additions of Cascade.

If you are in the US, try the Yakima Chief Hops site. Cascade is .99/2oz shipped, no minimum quantities. They also have the "American Noble Hops" line, which are debittered versions of some of their hops for $1.99/2oz shipped. These are a bit tricker to find, under Mosaic, under Product Type select American Noble Hops. These are suggested for lagers, as they are milder than the namesake hop.

Latest posts

Back