Good looking deal on a thermostat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldAtHeart

Reaction score
I'm looking around for a deal on a thermostat, which is the last essential piece of my keezer project (using picnic taps for now). Everything I'm seeing is in the $50 and up range. I decided to try ebay to see if I could find a deal on a used one when I stumbled across this listing.

Is anyone familiar with this particular thermostat? Is this a good deal or too good to be true? The only issue that I see is that it's shipping from Ontario and may take a while to get here through customs.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Looks like a good deal to me , although I wonder if you have to hard wire it into your system. If you get one , post up....

Now that you mention it, the description is a bit confusing. At one point it says, "Plug the freezer into the outlet cord, place the sensor in the area to be controlled and program and wire the temperature. This thermostat simply turns off the freezer when it reaches the specified temperature with accuracy of 0.1 degree." It also says it comes with a "wiring diagram for installation."

I'm hoping it's the kind that simply intercepts the power supply to the freezer. I just bought one, so I'll update when I get it working.

Fingers crossed... I'm pretty handy otherwise, but a total dunce when it comes to electrical wiring.

Back