Good Head

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamingtop66

Reaction score
How do I produce a beer with good head? Like to see nice lacing. I've read something about that having to do with protein, but not sure how to best achieve.

On some of mine like with a pumpkin ale that I like. There is little to no head and I have had luck with conditioning tabs. You can get them at any home brew supply place.

Hops too. I've had killer lacing and nice fluffy head (the kind you can float a cap on) on my IPA and IIPA's. mashing 2-5% of your gist with raw wheat will help too

How do I produce a beer with good head? Like to see nice lacing. I've read something about that having to do with protein, but not sure how to best achieve.

Assuming you are bottle conditioning, adding the correct amount of priming sugar for the style really helps. Depending on the style, adding some wheat, rye, or oats can help with head retention.

When you say "good head" that means something different for an english ale or a hefe with the latter having much higher carbonation.

Latest posts

Back